Sunday, February 5, 2012

You Were Right

As everybody has been telling me all week. My first race went great! My initial concerns turned out to be non issues. See last post for reference.

1. I finished!
2. I don't think I was last. I passed a couple of stroller mamas walking. Okay results are in. I was 114 of 192 overall and 49 of 94 for women.
3. The B was actually great during the race. In spite of her not feeling well, more on that later.
4. Took care of the poop issue the night before and after some early morning coffee.
5. I gave the B some yogurt before the race and she had snacks with her but not much of an appetite.
6. Jason dropped us off close and was able to find parking close
7. Morning was cold so I was able to wear my favorite long sleeve shirt
8. The compressions sleeves worked so well. Plus all the foam rolling must have helped
9. The B did not poop until after she was put into her crib for her nap. I went into her room because it was taking longer than usual to fall asleep and was greeted with a heavy stench. Poor baby. I doubt I would be able to sleep with a diaper full of poop. Try it, I'm sure you would not either.

So about the B not feeling well. All week she has not had much of an appetite, and an occasional running nose. It turned into a fever in the middle of the night. We were up with her from 2am to 4am. We gave her some Tylenol and milk and back to sleep she went. Surprisingly it did not seem to faze her or me today. Adrenaline I suppose.

Pictures later. iPad can't post pics. Whaaa?
Ready, Set, Go!

My splits (don't laugh, I know I'm slow.):

Mile 1. 11:57
Mile 2. 10:35
Mile 3. 10:09
Mile 4. 10:01
Mile 5. 10:22 (arggg hill! who puts a hill at the end?!)
Mile 6. 10:17 (recovering from said hill)
Mile 7.   8:54 (all 0.34 of it.  I guess I took some wide corners)  

No comments:

Post a Comment