Thursday, February 23, 2012

Love Letter to Forearm Plank

In my yoga practice, there are always a couple of poses that I have absolutely no desire to work on.  However, as my favorite teacher is quick to point out, the poses that you struggle in are the poses your body needs the most.  In the middle of said poses, he often says, "Try to relax something in your body, and send some love to the poses.... stop glaring at me ... that won't help."  I was unsuccessful at sending any amount of love last night, so I'm giving it an effort today.

Dear Forearm Plank,
     
I love the ever-living-heck out of you.  This is why:
  1. I love the way you make my arms and abs shake so hard I contemplate the pleasure of face planting
  2. I love the way you are prefectly positioned to drip the salty sweat into my burning eyes
  3. I love the way you make my arms feel like throbbing limp noodles the next day
XOXO,

Your BFF, Sam.      

Now I just need to wait for a response from Forearm Plank.  With my kind of luck, it'll feel the same way about me as my daughter does.

Mommy: I love you, B!
Bonnie: Get this lady off of me.
            

Do you have a "favorite" pose? 

1 comment:

  1. I love your daughter's facial expression in that pic! So cute!

    ReplyDelete