Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Feeling Legit

Back to running today!  4.5 miles at a 9:39 min/mi pace.  Not bad considering I've been off sick for a week.  It's faster than I left off at, but I was sans stroller today.  Maybe it's a wash.  At any rate, I almost felt like a legitimate runner this morning while I was pounding rubber high school track. 
  1. I left the house at 5am (I'm usually a night runner, more on that later.)
  2. It was 46 degrees and I was not in less-than-60-degrees gear (Which is a parka. I'm a Californian, give me a break.  We also panic and forget how to drive if water is falling from the sky. The sky is falling!!!  We're all going to die!!!)
  3. The moon was still high, and the stars were out (If you can see the stars in LA, it's dark.)
  4. The other runners gave me the head bob of respect
Which brings me to...


I know this is so 2011 (I  <3 Run on FB), but I'm bringing it back because it applies, dammit.

This is why I ran in the morning instead of after work:
  1. The B refused her afternoon nap yesterday
  2. Consequently, she had multiple meltdowns at 6pm
  3. We put her to bed an hour earlier 7pm (To prevent the I-can't-sleep-because-I'm-too-tired stage)
  4. Toddler logic dictated that she wake up 2 hours earlier that usual (4am)
  5. I can't sleep through toddler screaming
Amazingly, I'm feeling pretty chipper.  Perhaps it's because of the 20oz cup of coffee I just sucked down.  Either way, I'm going with it.  HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

1 comment: