Monday, February 6, 2012

The Mattress Lease Experiment - Day 1

The word of the day = out gassing.

During my frantic post mattress purchase Internet searching I came across an issue the foam mattress have, namely out gassing.  So when the mattress arrived today I knew to let it air out but I wasn't certain for how long.  I began the search to determine just how long.  Unfortunately, the websites are not clear on that point, times vary between weeks, months, and years.  But they do say that the out gassing is bad bad bad for you.  Now I have a list of symptoms to watch out for in case my mattress is trying to kill me and my family.
  1. Respiratory failure
  2. Hives or rash
  3. Cancer
  4. Nausea
  5. Irritated eyes
I'm mostly kidding . . . I'm trying to reassure myself with the knowledge that if I look hard enough, I can find studies and evidence that carpet and paint is slowing killing us too.  I need to invest in human sized plastic bubbles for me and my family.  Organic plastic bubbles.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, this reminded me of the Seinfeld episode with the Bubble Boy. Classic. :)

    ReplyDelete