Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sleeping like a baby

I've bored myself with homicidal mattress talk so I'll spare the other 2 people reading my ranting lists.  Who am I kidding?  I can't help myself.  Suffice it to say, I did not "sleep like a baby" in any sense of the phrase.  Generally people use "sleep like a baby" to describe sleeping soundly.  However, as my husband pointed out to me, sleeping like a baby in the style of the baby B means:
  1. Tossing and turning
  2. Peeing your pants
  3. Waking up screaming every couple of hours
I did not sleep like a rock nor did I pee my pants and scream.  I'm sure my husband is happy that I kept my pee to myself.  At around 3am, the fumes finally got to me and I abandoned bed and spent the rest of the night in the guest bed.  Buyer's remorse x 100.

Enough of that.

My 1/2 marathon training plan is shot today. 
  1. It's raining
  2. I'm sick - courtesy of the B and my husband
  3. I'm a lazy bum
So the plan is to foam roll and maybe do a little yoga.  Which may be difficult because I can't breathe.  We'll see how that goes.  I'll probably just couch potato out and watch TV.  Wish me luck!

Picture from after the race.

the B's favorite part of the race - getting her own balloon


1 comment: