Friday, February 3, 2012

Bittersweet Bonnie

There are moments with the B that can only be truly captured by the adjective bittersweet.  She can be so cute while she's developing her own personality, but some moments just break my heart a teeny tiny bit. Well, maybe more than a tiny bit.

  1. Giving a coy smile and shaking her head "no" in response to the question, "Can I have a hug?"
  2. Saying "dada" when asked to say mama
  3. Clutching the babysitter for dear life when I come home from work 
I ditched my run yesterday in favor of foam rolling my calves for a couple of hours instead.  My shin splints are feeling pretty terrible due to my fit of 10K paranoia.  Here's the list of things I like about my new foam roller.
  1. It's bright orange so I won't lose it amongst baby toys, hopefully
  2. My shins feel better after I use it
  3. It's hilarious to see the B get worried because I'm squishing her new toy
Here are the things I don't like about my new foam roller.
  1. It hurts
  2. Did I mention it hurts?
  3. Hilarity quickly fades when the B's worry turns into a GIVE IT TO ME panic and goes running off with the roller
WHY were you crushing my toy with your leg?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment