Thursday, February 2, 2012

Getting Back to Me, Wait . . . who am I again?

It's been just about 15 months since Bonnie arrived screaming and clawing into the world.  She really hasn't stopped since.  2011 was a tough year for me, full of all things screaming baby. 

  1. Colic
  2. Baby acid reflux - so sad
  3. Not sleeping more than 2 hours in a stretch - nursing hungry baby
  4. Pumping at work - let's all say it together, MOOOOOOOO
  5. Nursing
  6. Making organic baby food
  7. Cloth diapers - now that we have a PROCESS it's much better
So far 2012 has been much friendlier to me. 
  1. Less screaming: the B is getting better at communication/I'm getting better at understanding her
  2. Hugs from the B
  3. More sleep!
With the lack of screaming, I can actually hear myself think these days.  There's one thought that has been occupying a corner of my brain, me.  Or a lack of me really.  I can't remember what I used to do with my time before the baby came.  Of course there was work and yoga, but beyond that it's a blur.  A friend sent me an article about how having a baby in your life changes you to a new state of you.  In the article the author says that she would not want to be the old version of her anyway.  So even though I liked the old me better, I'm going to make a new me. 

Characteristics I aspire to
  1. Adventurous and Fun
  2. Positive thinker
  3. Healthy eater
  4. Sane
I think that's good enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment