As a nerdy kid my favorite part of getting ready for the new school year was getting all the supplies. Ah the smell of newly sharpened pencils. A close second was getting new clothes. This brings me to the main topic of this post, a beautifully versatile pattern by E + M that I was fortunate to test. This is a quick sew for knit shirts and dresses sized 2 to 10. The pattern is perfect for school since it is comfy and cute. There are so many options for you to personalize as well. This pattern is now a staple at our house and I made 3 in a week.
1. This shirt has a pleated front, flutter sleeves, and a high low hem.
| Look at the fun keyhole design! |
2. This shirt has a pin tuck bodice, flutter sleeves and a tie back.
| A cute bow at the neck line :) |
The pattern is on sale until midnight this Friday PST. You can purchase HERE at the etsy shop. Be sure to go to E + M Pattern's FB page for inspiration and her other fantastic patterns.
Now for my first giveaway provided by E + M Patterns! You could win the Girls Shirt and Dress Pattern No6. (If you don't sew you should still enter, I'll make a shirt for your kiddo.) To enter you simply have to post a comment answering one of 2 questions below. I'll pick a commenter at random on Monday morning July 28th 10am PST. Make sure you come back to check for the winner announcement.
If you won the pattern, would you make a shirt or a dress first? I made the dress first because my girly girl likes to wear dresses.
What was your favorite part of getting ready for the new school year? As I mentioned before, I love the smell of sharpened pencils.
Good luck!
Update: be sure to check the FB E+M Patterns page as other blogging testers are also hosting giveaways!
I LOVED shopping for new school supplies growing up. I still get all giddy when I need to go to my stationary.
ReplyDeleteI adore your dress and shirts! I cannot decide which is my favourite though, they're all too cute! They look perfect on B. :)
Thanks for the kind words and for being a great tester!!
Clearly I should have read that before I posted... sorry for the typos!
DeleteThanks for having me test! You assembled a fun group of women and I learned a lot. :)
DeleteWould love to sew the Top first and then I would sew up the dress after. I this the top would be adorable with a woven skirt attached!
ReplyDeleteThat's a good idea, I'll have to try the woven skirt idea!
DeleteLove all the triangles in the fabric and that purple is BEE-utiful on your little one!
ReplyDeleteThanks! My eldest takes after her dad and has such fair skin.
DeleteThe dress since we're in need of a few more! My oldest still isn't school-age, and I've been out for almost a decade, but I STILL get excited when all the back to school stuff comes out.
ReplyDeleteI would make tops for my 3 grandmonsterettes!!!!
ReplyDeletemy 2 girls
ReplyDeleteThis is such a cute pattern and you have done a lovely job with your versions! I think I would make a few tops first, my granddaughter needs them for the hot weather we've been having. Thank you for the chance to win!
ReplyDeleteI love your pin tuck version and the fact that this pattern has so many options! I think I would make an A-line dress with pleated front and flutter sleeves first.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous top you made! I would love to make them for me daughters.
ReplyDeleteLove this pattern! I'd probably make the top first as my little one has been fighting me about wearing dresses lately- and I love that hi-lo version!
ReplyDeleteI would make the dress first and then the shirt with the tie back.....so cute!! It would make a great first day of 1st grade outfit.
ReplyDeleteSeems like I was a bit too late to buy the pattern... will it be back for sale again later? Or is winning this give-away the only option of obtaining it?
ReplyDeleteIf I win the pattern, I will make a shirt first. I've already sewn so many dresses, and at the moment my daughters are a bit short of shirts.
My favorite part of getting ready for the new school year was sewing a toddler backpack
I don't think you are too late to buy the pattern. Did you go to the etsy store? Sometimes it runs out but Allison will be sure to restock it ASAP. You can also contact her in the Facebook group or at her website to get the pattern there. I do wish you good luck in winning the pattern though. :)
DeleteI think I found it. I was just confused before, because to be honest, I like your versions in this post a lot better than the one with blue and green stripes that is shown in the shop (http://www.empatterns.com/shop/girls-shirt-and-dress-pattern-no6), and I couldn't believe it is the same pattern! I would probably not have considered buying this pattern if I hadn't seen what you made with it. And now that I want it, I just noticed I won the giveaway! This is just awesome!
DeleteSuch a gorgeous pattern and great fabric choice. I would make a shirt. I think it would be perfect with denim jeans. My favourite part of getting ready for the new school year is putting together a nice clean, fresh new uniform.
ReplyDeleteAwwww your model is such a cutie!! Love the clothes, especially the purple shirt. I think I would make a shirt first after seeing your purple version. I am addicted to all things office supplies / stationary, so I would have to say back to school shopping!!
ReplyDeleteFavorite back to school routine was buying gimmicky stationery - glitter pens, scented erasers etc I would make the shirt first, your purple version is adorable! It would be followed quickly by a dress they look like the perfect combination of cute and practical :-)
ReplyDeleteI'd make the shirt first :) I have 2 skort patterns I've been planning to make & this shirt would pair up beautifully!
ReplyDeleteI'd make the dress first, the little girl I know LOVES dresses.
ReplyDeleteI would make the top with pintucks, it looks gorgeous and could,wear with lots of different bottoms. The bedt part about back to school is the childrens excitement to catch up with friends.
DeleteI would make a shirt first. Super cute! V.EDWARDS
ReplyDelete