Happy belated 4th of July! I hope everyone had a fun and safe Friday. Our local police posted on their FB site that there were 50,000 people out and about at the beaches. I completely believe it too given how crowded and congested the traffic was.
Our 4th was pretty laid back. We didn't even have a BBQ. I know, blasphemy. C slept in so I lounged in bed with her while my husband took on the toddler. Have I mentioned how amazing my husband is? I spent my extra time in bed thinking about what I wanted to do and decided that the girls just had to have 4th of July dresses. When ideas pop into my head there really is no way of pushing them aside.
I didn't own the kind of sundress pattern that I had in my mind so I made one up. Unfortunately I don't think I could ever recreate it so the dress is really one of a kind.
I just grabbed the fabric I had on hand. The quality of the fabric is not so great. In fact I think the blue was from Walmart and is thin and rough. But the dress turned out cute and summery anyway.
Of course C couldn't get left of out. So I whipped up a dress for her. Thank goodness it fit. It's a pretty snug fit too. Whoops.
We had friends staying in a water front hotel so they invited us to watch the fireworks on the roof pool deck. It was the best view ever and we were pleasantly surprised at how well C did. I expected her to lose her mind since she startles at loud noises.
 |
| What? I'm a delicate flower baby. |
We were sharing the deck with a large party. We believe the party was a rehearsal dinner. How awesome must it have been for them to have fireworks at the end of their party? The part that was awkward was listening to the intimate speeches about the people that we have never met. I tried, really I did, not to eavesdrop. I now know more about these people than I could ever wish to know. Karen and Raj Raj, I wish you both a happy marriage with your love of ordering all the items off a menu, watching loads of HGTV, and boozing. Always the boozing.
 |
| We know this much. |
In the end everyone had a lovely time and I hope you did too.
No comments:
Post a Comment