It has been a busy few days. Between fighting bonfires at work and recovering from the B's 24hr stomach bug, I've been dealing with shin pains that are keeping me from running off my stress. I'm just now realizing why I felt unsettled all weekend. Lame excuses for not running on Sunday include:
- Too tired from chasing the B at the party on Saturday night
- Errands
- Brunch with Auntie Alice (shoot forgot to take pictures with Alice, AGAIN)
- Shin pains
- Too hot
My training partner (the sadistic monster), has told me that my shin splints are entirely my fault. He claims that my long run days should be easy runs, especially when adding a new mile on. I'm not fast by any means, but I have a hard time maintaining an "easy" run. I feel like a loser if I can't keep up with the pace that I started with. Slowing down makes me feel like a bum so I feel the need to push my pace. Besides, what is an "easy" run anyway? As much as I love running, it's never easy. Since I obviously don't know what easy means for me, my new goal for long runs is to not look at my pace. Let's see how that shakes out, wish me luck.
 |
| This is the pipe the sadistic monster gifted me to rub out my shins. |
In the world of the B, we have decided to start a Sunday dress day tradition now that the weather is warming up again.
 |
| B: I bet you a bottle of milk that this tradition doesn't last the month of March |
What does an easy run mean to you? Do you have any weekly traditions?
No comments:
Post a Comment