| If only I had a red arrow following me around while I run. I would have the caption say, "hey, I'm running here!" |
| Please don't back out. Please don't back out. |
This is the hill going down to the track. It's too steep to run down even with the hand brake on the stroller, so imagine how it feels coming back up it after a long run.
| This is where I say to myself, "don't let go of the stroller, don't let go of the stroller." |
I do most of my running on this track. Some people can't stand running on a track because you just go in circles, but I actually really enjoy it. Can't say the same for the B. I think I like it so much because I'm terrible with directions and could probably get lost on my own street. On a track, you can't get lost, yay! It's also well lit at night, and has kids playing soccer on the field. When it's warm enough, I let the B out of her confinement and chase her around the track or kick soccer balls on the field.
| Rubber tracks are like running on a springs. Boing boing. |
Tuesday night was COLD and WINDY. I was getting in some good resistance training along with sand in my eyes. The B stays warm and comfy in her Bundleme. It's like a plush sleeping bag. I wish someone would push me while I lay around in a sleeping bag.
| The bundled B with her buddy, Mr. Cow |
After going up the hill and dodging cars pulling out of the track parking lot, I come to a stop waiting at the intersection. If I'm lucky, I catch the light mid run and can go on my way. Otherwise I have to stop and hammer the street crossing button. It probably doesn't make a difference if I hit it 100 times or just 1. But hitting it really hard 100 times in quick succession makes me feel better. Why is it so hard to start running again once you've stopped?
| The world's longest intersection |
Other than the hill, this is my least favorite part about my running path. The street light pole is right in the middle of the side walk. To get past it, I have to push one of the stroller tires into the dirt, and get it back up the lip on the other side. No simple task for clumsy folk like me. Especially when running. I won't tell you how many times I've almost eaten it into the bushes. The B is blissfully unaware of the tumultuous situation.
| Get ready, get set, CRASH! |
| Can you tell that we live with a toddler? |
Since this is a blog about making lists. Here's my list for the post. Things I like to do after a run:
- Shower
- Potato out in front of the TV
- Nap
- Stretch
- Chase the B around to burn off her energy from been strapped in her stroller
- Make dinner for the B
- Feed the B
- Eat leftovers off B's face and tray (toddler smushed food is the best!)
- Pick cracker chunks off Mr. Cow
What do you do after a run?
We're stroller twins! Man, your running route looks so stressful compared to mine! I don't even have sidewalks haha
ReplyDeleteYour route is so pretty. I would probably get scared and watch my back like Peanut does though. I'm not used to running without cars zooming by!
Deletemaybe you can venture out to the strand on the weekends? but i do the same with the street crossing....*push*...*pushpushpushpushpushpush*
ReplyDeleteor i resort to frogger-style across the street. i would definitely not recommend that with the stroller though!!! at least with just me, it's only me. no innocent little baby in tow.