| Ok, here's the plan. I'll be the orange block and get her from this angle. Yellow, you approach from this side. Blue, what's that you said? |
I was finally able to set up a play date for the B with the mama I stalked at the local Whole Foods. It went very well and she is terrifically nice, as is her kid. Yet again, I was reminded of the parallels between play dates and dating dates. This was especially true after I came home and wondered out loud if it was too soon to text her and tell her what a great time we had. I thought I was done with the whole dating business after I got married. Isn't that the reason you get married?! Then you go down the road of dating questions like these.
- Did she like us?
- Will she call me?
- Will I see her again?
- Did she mean it when she said, text me when you are free for another playdate?
- When is it appropriate to call her?
At play date mama's suggestion, we took the B to the My Gym class. So much chaos, so much fun!
As for running miles, it's been a big goose egg. These are the reasons why.
- Shin splints (worried it might be something worse)
- Sick again (really?! Thanks B.)
- I'm a bum
- Wrong shoe support category
- Wrong shoe size (his exact words were, "how did you get your feet crammed into a size 6.5?")
- Wrong inserts
The B is pretty excited to get back on the track as well. She has been visiting with the running stroller and climbing in. Although, I'm sure the screaming will start as soon as she is strapped in.
| You'd better believe there will be screaming, mama. |

I've never had that first date, so I can't help with the follow up :)
ReplyDeleteI can't believe that you were running in such the wrong size of shoe! Hopefully now it will be easier!