Monday, October 22, 2012

A, B, or C

I have 2ish weeks until the B's 2nd birthday.  For her first birthday I was so overwhelmed with just keeping her alive, it was really just a gathering of people.  This year, I'm determined to make it a themed birthday party.  This idea is causing me a huge headache.  I'm pretty sure at the end I'll be so overwhelmed, it'll just be me putting a cake on her plate, sticking it with 2 candles, and calling it a day.

However, if I can get my act together, the party is going to be Winnie the Pooh themed.  Winnie the Pooh is the B's current obsession.  If you even say Winnie, Pooh, or honey she flies into a tizzy.  Out of necessity my husband has coined the acronym WTP.  The B has not caught on, yet.

For the party, I really want to make her a dress in the same theme.  The pattern that I've fallen in love with was created by An at StraightGrain.  I'm not yet sure of the colors I want to use yet.  If you'll please excuse the bad art work, these are the 3 ideas I have:


Artwork on A would be painted bees.

Do you like A, B, or C?

Also, need some help with food ideas.  This is my list of what I have so far:

1. Tigger tails (cookies/pretzels with drizzled stripes of chocolate)
2. Rabbit's Garden (veggies to dip)
3. Honey Hive cake

Can you think of any ideas for Pooh themed entrees?

Game ideas for the 12 or so kids ranging from the age of 1 year to 4 include:

1. Pin the tail on Eeyore
2. Bee-Bag toss (shoot, I have to make these soon!)
3. Treasure hunt (water table filled with rice and stick toys inside)
4. Window Painting

We can't fit a bounce house at our home so I'm lost for other ideas to burn toddler energy.  Did I mention that most of the kids are boys!  Yikes.

Any toddler boy energy busters that you know of?  (preferably games that are not so destructive of themselves, their friends, or my house.)

Now that my panic is out of the way, let's talk racing!  The LA Rock N' Roll is coming up fast.  It is this Sunday and I'm more excited than nervous this time.  I'm not even worried about pooping my pants.  It may be because it's the 2nd time around, I'm running with Jason, and or I'm not shooting for a time. 

I'm certainly not prepared this time (shame on me), but it's meant to be more focused on running with Jason.  The longest distance he's cover so far is now 8.9 miles.  Which is fantastic for him!  In fact, I don't think he's ever run that far before.  Since I'm ever the brilliant one, I decided to run 12.1 miles on Saturday just to make sure I can finish the half.  It's good to know that I have not lost my base, but I sure was slow.  Whatever, I read somewhere that a half marathon doesn't need a taper.


3 comments:

  1. How cute! My daughter is obsessed with Elmo, and we started spelling it so she wouldn't freak, but it turns out that "E-L-M-O" sounds a lot like Elmo, so it was pointless.
    Check out my favorite theme party planning blog for some (possibly over the top?) WTP ideas. http://www.hwtm.com/index.cfm?page=categories%2Fsearch_result&searchstring=winnie+the+pooh&x=0&y=0&categoryid=0

    ReplyDelete
  2. That comment did not work! www.blog.hwtm.com and search Winnie The Pooh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like dress C! I'm not doing a theme party until Faith is old enough to have peers come over. When it's just family, that seems silly.

    Toddlers really like putting thing in buckets. Get some dollar store buckets and laminated Pooh characters and have sorting games.

    ReplyDelete