I currently have at least 10 ongoing crafting projects around the house. Here are 3 that I have finally finished.
1. The B has this jumper that I adore. It's so soft and the color is just so cute. The only problem is that the B hates the jumper. She requires access to her belly button at all times. We like to call it her emergency button. She touches her belly button whenever she is feeling anxious. Which is pretty much whenever we are in public. So if you see us around and have a burning desire to see a toddler belly, just make eye contact with her and she'll reach for the emergency button. Moving on with the jumper story, I cut off the bottom 3 inches to get clearance from the taper, snaps and elastic. Then I sewed on a 4 inch trim. The first time I sewed it I sewed the trim inside out. durrrrrr. While I was agonizing over having to tear it out (I used a zigzag stitch), my husband suggested that I sew another piece the right side up and just double the trim up. Turns out my husband is brilliant. The extra weight keeps the dress from coming up and it stays less wrinkled.
![]() |
| I'm terrible at remembering to take "before" pictures. So here is the faked before pic. |
![]() |
| Here's the after picture on the B. She is wearing Daddy's belt. What can I say, the girl likes to accessorize. |
2. Here is a bubble dress that I made with an old bedsheet. I followed a fantastic bubble dress tutorial by StraightGrain. This is the first dress item of clothing I made for the B and the blogger made it so easy! You can tell the B is delighted to model for me.
3. The B has become addicted to Winne the Pooh. She just loves everything about him. She often goes around with the stuffed Pooh bear her Dad bought and pretends to feed him honey. So I decided to crochet her a honey pot to feed the bear. The B loves it and said "Choo choo", when I gave it to her. (That's her version of Thank you.)




At least she can't lose her emergency button :)
ReplyDelete