Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pumpkin Picking Poto Pomb

Last weekend was a wonderful blur.  I know this is post is outdated but little things like parenting, sleep, and my job get in the way.  At any rate here's my list of wonderful blurs:

1. My college friend came to visit from Malaysia

           We've talked on the phone and over email but have not seen each other since 2006.  It was so exciting to spend some time with her.  It's crazy that she doesn't look any different from the last time I saw her.  We were able to catch up some more and she got to see the B for the first time.  She said, "she looks smaller than I thought.  Maybe it's because you put her in those huge hats."  She's right, the B does live in huge hats because she's so fair and burns in the sun like her dad. 

2. My parents surprised me at the park
       
           Monday was my birthday so my parents drove down from SF to surprise me.  They showed up when we were at the park.  I was just chatting with a friend and this dog came running up between us.  My first thought was, what a rude owner.  Don't they know this is a park with kids?!  The next thought was, this dog looks just like my mom's dog.  Then when I saw my mom I realized that it was indeed my mom's dog.

3. Everybody stayed at our house

           It's so fun to have a full house bustling with activity.  The B seems to really enjoy it too and is much less whiny.  I think it's because she's getting so much attention.  If we have another kid, she is going to be in for one rude surprise. 

4. 7 mile run with the husband

          The race is next weekend and neither of us are prepared.  I've only run 7 times this month and the furthest I've covered is 7 miles.  *gulp*  We are in for a world of pain.  I foresee a lot of walking.  At least we'll be doing it together.
 
5. Pumpkin farm visit

           The farm was a 1.5 hour drive from our house.  The B watched the Winnie the Pooh movie on my iPad during the drive so it wasn't too bad.  They had a petting zoo and the B had a great time even though it was during her nap time.  I'll let the photos tell the rest of the story.

Pumpkin Picking Photo bomb!
(Does it count as an alliteration if the first letters don't sound the same?  I'm sure the internet will tell me but I'm too lazy to look it up.  For now just do me a favor and say "Pumpkin Picking Poto" out loud.)

My little beauty
Now see here, you need to get back in line with the rest of your friends Mr. Pumpkin.
OMG!  He's so big and FLUFFY!
Can I have both of these?
Nevermind, this is the one I want. 
Yes, I know he is not a pumpkin.   But you said I could pick out something to take home
 and you didn't specify that it couldn't be a goat.

Sorry kid, I'm not taking that kid home.  Haha, get it?  Kid.  I crack myself up.  (My apologies, as it turns out, 5 hours of sleep plus a 5 mile run at 5am makes me more crazy than usual.)

1 comment:

  1. I love how cute she looks in those hats! Also, she's so brave getting that close to the goats. Faith would never do that :)

    ReplyDelete