It is amazing how quickly time passes when you have a kid. People used to tell me that when I was pregnant and I never really understood it. Time is a constant, right? Wrong! Disagree? Have a kid then tell me your thoughts on time.
The past couple of months have been a whirlwind of activity. Here are a few milestones.
1. First there was Halloween. B moves too darn fast for my phone camera to keep up. She enjoyed taking handfulls of candy from strangers. By the end of the night she had forgotten all about the candy, and we ended up giving it away because we ran out.
![]() |
| I don't care if I can't eat it, getting it is the fun part! |
2. Then there was the B's 2 year birthday party. I don't have any pictures because I was too busy getting everything set up. This is the only photo I have because I'm lame like that. I made bumblebee cake pops and the B was desperate for one. Since having a toddler run around a newly cleaned house with a chocolate covered ball of cake sounded like a bad idea, my mom shoved a chopstick into a lemon and I sharpied on stripes and a face. B probably would have taken it with her to nap time, but the lemon fell off the chopstick and a lemon with a hole in it is just not as much fun.
![]() |
| There's something wrong with this "bee"... |
Because I'm awesome, I didn't get a photo of the B in the birthday dress I made her. The party was Winnie the Pooh themed and she fit right in. I slightly modified the wonderful Peplum Dress tutorial Ana sent me. This was my first experience with installing a zipper and I loved the result. I did put it on backwards at first but it was easy to rip off and fix. Turns out zippers aren't that hard.
One of the B's most favorite birthday gift was this fun tea set from her babysitter. The teapot makes pouring noises when it is tilted. I seem to have an ability to ignore it, however it drives Jason crazy when she leaves it tilted on the floor.
![]() |
| Would you like some more tea, it will drive my daddy nuts. |
3. The B is potty training! She's gotten fairly good at pee but pooping is still a struggle. We tried over Thanksgiving the first time but that was a huge disaster. The experience dissolved into tears. "Whose tears?", you might ask. "Mostly mine", I will answer. A week later she had a terrible diaper rash. Probably the worst she's ever had, and I decided to put on her underwear to let her poor butt get some air. The thought was that I would just change underwear and pants instead of diapers. Three accidents later, she got a hang of the idea. Or else she just got tired of having pee run down her legs and getting hosed down in the bathtub.
This isn't a milestone, but Jason and I registered for another half marathon. This one is in January. Even though it is only 5 weeks away, I'm not motivated to train because:
A.) It's next year which feels like a long time away
B.) Jason is getting faster than me, and that annoys me
C.) It's cold, dark, and foggy at 5am
It is fairly likely that this is my last post of the year, so I'll leave you with a favorite 2012 photo.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!





I love her Halloween costume! Too cute :)
ReplyDeletethe lemon!! I love it!!
ReplyDeleteCharlotte brought out her potty in the last week (her 2nd birthday is in early january) and I thought we'd have a go. She did really great as soon as she felt pee on her legs, but if I put on undies or training pants, she would pee in them because she didn't feel it on her legs right away. We did it for 3 days, and she got sick of it, so I'm not forcing it yet, since it was her idea in the first place. :)