Like most people, I detest Monday.
For me Monday means:
1. A new list of things to do while still having to finish the things you failed to do last week only with more urgency
2. A new set of expectations of what you want to get done
3. The sinking realization that what you want to get done will always be less than what you actually get done
The start of a new year feels exactly the same to me, only worse because instead of 7 days to fail, you get 365. Yay! I think my husband was on to something when he joked, "I'm tired of breaking resolutions. This year I plan to start smoking and gain 5 lbs."
In the spirit of defeat, instead of setting up resolutions that are well-meaning/character-building-in-the-long-run, this year I plan to do things that will make me unequivocally happy.
1. Craft more
2. Eat dessert everyday
3. Decorate the house with things that I love NOW even if they are on trend and I'll probably hate it in a month.
4. Run whenever I feel like it, even if it's only 1 mile
5. Drink more wine
6. Learn apathy
Since this won't fly (dammit). Here's the real list I will measure myself against.
1. Stick to a budget
2. Decide once and for all on the 2 kid situation
3. Decide on, or waitlist the B for preschool/pre-K
4. Eat more fiber, get the B to eat more fiber
5. Run a half-marathon in under 2 hours
6. Appreciate happy moments more
On the topic of happy moments, the B randomly ran up to me, hugged me and said, "I love Mama". I'm not sure if it was because she actually loves me, or if she loved that I let her have ice cream, but I'm taking it anyway. Take that #6!

i hate resolutions. I can never stick to them. so I make up vague things that I could maybe accomplish and high five myself at the end of the year.
ReplyDeleteI should resolve to eat more sugar. Done!
ReplyDelete