We are finally moving out of the pushing phase. After many time-outs, saying sorry, and hugs to friends, B finally understands that pushing is not nice. "Push no nice. Hug nice," as she now says. With that new found understanding, she expects apologies and hugs from pushers and gets really mad when that doesn't happen.
At the MyGym on Monday, she was pushed in the back off a platform by another little girl. Luckily I was standing right there or she would have fallen 3 feet onto her face because she really wasn't ready for it. The father of the pusher half-heartily said, "don't push." I stood there holding my shaking child who was glaring at the little girl expectantly. Since I also don't believe it's acceptable to push others without an apology, I stood there waiting as well. As the dad picked up his girl and started to walk away, I told him that B was expecting an apology because we make her say sorry when she pushes. B glared at the girl and I glared at the father as he said, "oh, say sorry." The little girl looked at him with an expression that said, "what's sorry? Never heard it before." She didn't say it, he didn't press and he walked away. Shortly afterwards, B insisted on going home. I think she was still pissed.
![]() |
| The Nerve! I'm so offended. |
![]() |
| You're not worth a time-out. |
When the B is not busy being a tough girl, she's getting ready for dance class! Her first ballet class is on Saturday and I'm really excited. I think she's pretty excited too. The class is only half an hour, but I think that is as long as her attention span is anyway.
![]() |
| What do you mean? I could do this all day. |
It's amazing how quickly she's growing up. Her favorite activity at the park is the big kid swing. I'm terrified she'll let go, so I don't push her too high.
![]() |
| Higher Mama, Higher! |
What do you do if your child gets pushed?




No comments:
Post a Comment