So we have a slight problem. We're going to have 4 days without a sitter.
Option 1: I take that week off as vacation
Option 2: you take those 4 days as vacation ( I think that Friday is your 9/80)
Option 3: we try out that sitter city service
Option 4: we take a trip somewhere like the grand canyon, Minnesota/south Dakota, or northern California.
Option 5: we leave out a bowl of food and loop sesame street on the tv
Thoughts?
I vote for Option 5. Although she has been a lot more fun to be around these past few weeks. You can actually see her learning and she's mimicking words and gestures.
B's Vocabulary at 19M:
- Animal Noises (Mooooo(cow), aaaaah(sheep), squeak(duck, chicken, pig)
- Mama/Dada
- Uuupah(up)
- Baaaaa(bug)
- Dowwww(down)
- Baba(Bonnie)
- Shoooo(shoes)
- Nooohhh(no)
Milestone #1: Words
The biggest milestone for all of us is that the B is starting to use words instead of screaming. Don't get me wrong, there is still screaming. A lot of screaming. I feel bad for our neighbors.
Milestone #2: Battle Stories
Another big milestone this week was the B's first battle wound from a playground bar fight. A boy about 5 years old came up to the B and bit her in the belly. According to the sitter, the mom was on her cell and when she was told what happened she was only offhandedly apologetic. If I were there I would have ripped her a new one.
![]() |
| Battle Scar #1 |
Milestone #3: Bloodless Watermelon Fruit Basket
For the midweek 4th of July we went to a BBQ at a friend's house. It felt so strange for both my husband and I because we only got Wednesday off. At any rate it was my task to bring the fruit salad and wine. The conversation with the husband went well.
Jason: What are we doing for the 4th of July
Me: We're going to a BBQ and I have to bring fruit salad and wine.
Jason: Great idea, what are you going to do about the fruit salad
Me: I'm going to carve a watermelon basket.
Jason: . . . . . that's not a good idea . . .
Me: Why not?
Jason: You and a knife, really? It's not a good idea.
My husband has such faith in me. To be fair, as many times as I've run to him with a bloody hand, I'm lucky to have all my fingers. Luckily, we were able to have a tasty fruit salad.
![]() |
| Mama did such a good job carving, Daddy has no idea what he's talking about. |
![]() | ||
Do you think they'll notice if I sneak a blueberry?
|
Milestone#4: Catching Up With Technology
I've finally discovered Instagram!






OMG if a FIVE year old bit my kid in the stomach, I would lose my shit. It wouldn't be pretty haha.
ReplyDeleteShe is so adorable!