I'm finally able to keep up with my training schedule. Largely due to:
- Icing my shins every friggin night and foam rolling whenever I remember
- The fear of disappointment beaten into me at a young age. Nothing makes me more ashamed than disappointing.
- Finally, it just feels good to run. Except when it doesn't.
Perfect example of #3 was Sunday, I was completely let down by my favorite shorts. Holy chafing! It started hurting around mile 7, but since I only had 1 more mile to go, I just ran through it. All the while, checking every half mile for bleeding. In order to get the shorts off as fast as possible, I ran home instead of walking while seriously considering if I would get arrested for running without my shorts. Unfortunately, the shorts are one of those built-in-underwear types. So it would have been half streaking? On they stayed. You can thank me for not taking naked pictures later. In the end, 9.1 miles with the last 2 miles in chafing hell.
The rest of the weekend was full of woodworking. I used a miter saw for the first time (the husband gave me instructions and pretended not to supervise while he hovered nearby). Even the B "helped".
 |
| Look Mama, I can sand with my eyes closed! |
The B got all bent out of shape because we would not let her draw on the table. She became especially whiny when she saw that Daddy was allowed to.
 |
| You two are such hypocrites. |
We got the plans from
http://www.ana-white.com/. All her plans are free and super clear. The doll bed was one of her plans as well. The best part of the coffee table is that it is a trundle and the whole bottom piece is one big box on wheels to stuff all of the B's toys into. At the end the table is supposed to look like this:
 |
| The 20 Second Tidy Up |
The B's Vocab Update: Her new favorite words are:
- Butt
- Bite
- Noooooohhh, No NO No No No
How much did you scream in the shower after that chafing run? Have I told you the wonder of Butt Paste on chafing? It's magic.
ReplyDeleteI screamed like an overtired toddler. Followed by Oh My GOD, Oh My God! I suppose it was appropriate since it was Sunday.
DeleteIs the Butt Paste for during the run or after?