Turns out, once the chafing starts, it does not stop. I only had a 4 mile run this morning and I wanted to kick the first squirrel I saw. Fortunately for squirrels, they don't live on a rubber tracks. Here are some fun facts about chafing:
- It hurts, a lot
- Even if it doesn't bleed, the top layers of your skin separate from the other layers, gross
- Chaffing spots scab. WTF?
- It feels like someone is scouring your tender spot with steel wool when you shower
- You walk like a crab for the rest of the day, and coworkers will ask if something is wrong with you
I'm hoping that all the chafing and scabbing will make my inner thighs tougher. I'll be Lady Lizzard Legs.
| Or this super creepy character. |
ah yea...chaffing definitely scabs - it's gross and happened to me on my neck. just make sure you keep it out of the sun! I had permanent chaffing scars that were symmetrical on my neck and i was worried people would think i either tried to hang myself, was strangled, or just constantly have hickies. body glide should help! or chamois butter...i actually find that running in leggings sometimes is worse than the running shorts with the built in underwear? but good luck!!
ReplyDeleteYikes, are the scars still there? I don't remember seeing them.
DeleteYeah, it scabs and it's gross. I'm going to repeat my recommendation for compression shorts :)
ReplyDeleteHmmm I may have to look into that . . . If compression shorts are anything like biking shorts, I'm going to look even lamer when I run.
Deleteyou can also just get those compression leggings that lulu has! and yea, they're still there but luckily i'm darker now so they're less obvious hah.
ReplyDelete