Monday, June 25, 2012

Wild World Can Eat It

On my long for me Sunday track run, I started getting bored and began to over-analyze the lyrics to songs.  In particular I was getting irritated with the song "Wild World."  Don't judge, I use Pandora and IT picks the songs.  In case you aren't familar with the song, the lyrics are below.

Now that I've lost everything to you,
you say you want to start something new,
and it's breaking my heart you're leaving,
baby I'm grieving.

But if you wanna leave take good care,
hope you have a lot of nice things to wear,
but then a lot of nice things turn bad out there.

Oh baby baby it's a wild world,
it's hard to get by just upon a smile.
Oh baby baby it's a wild world.

I'll always remember you like a child, girl.
You know I've seen a lot of what the world can do,
and it's breaking my heart in two,
cause I never want to see you sad girl,
don't be a bad girl,
but if you want to leave take good care,
hope you make a lot of nice friends out there,
but just remember there's a lot of bad and beware,

In addition to being way too slow to run to, these are the reasons I found the song irritating:
  1. The guy doesn't want his girl to go so he insults her by not having faith in her abilities and thinks that she just gets by "just upon a smile"
  2. At the same time he suggests that she has "at lot of nice things to wear."  Seriously? WTF does that have to do with going out into the wild world?
  3. As a parting blow he says that there is a lot of bad out in the world.  Well Mister, it doesn't seem like you are adding a lot of good into her life either if you are trying to hold her back with fear.
If you read this far, then all I have to say is "I'm sorry" but I did warn you that it was over-analyzed. 


Bean-Face says, "That was a total waste of time, and I didn't understand a single word"
Well maybe this will give you a bit of a chuckle.


What do you think about when boredom hits you during a run?

2 comments:

  1. I don't usually have music when I run, but I do have random deep thoughts. I never remember when I get back so maybe I should carry a voice recorder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have random deep thoughts while I'm driving (since I don't currently run). I seem so brilliant and interesting, but when I try to put it into words it's like trying to describe a weird dream you had last night. "Well, it was you, but it wasn't..."

    One thing I've learned is to never over analyze a song performed by a boy band. they make no sense at all. but boy is it a good jam.

    ReplyDelete