This brings me to the subject of this post. Teenagers scare me. They can just sit and stare at you for hours with blank looks on their face. What's going on under all that angst?! My morning run was on a local HS track, and I thought that since graduation was last week, school should be out. About halfway through the run I started noticing teens parking their butts in the bleachers just staring. As more started showing up, I had to conclude that they were there to either:
1. Cheer me on
2. Mock me
3. Take summer school.
My guess was #3. Anyway, so a bunch of bored resentful teens were sitting around with nothing to do but wait. And stare at the silly lady running on their track. So, I did the only thing that made sense to me, I ran away. (suggestions for funny meme here)
I'm terrified of the day the B turns into a teenager. By the looks of things, she's already 1.5 going on 21.
| Where's my glass of champagne?! |
What's a hand treadmill, and why do you need two of them?
ReplyDeleteoh wait...I got it.
I'm scared of teens too. I'm getting so old.
Ha! Hand treadmill, that's funny. I used to rock climb for fun and there was a setup for hand weight lifting. So maybe there is a hand treadmill out there for something . . .
DeleteI love having my own treadmill so much. I bought mine new and it wasn't too bad (well, $999) and I've put a shit ton of miles on it and it's still chugging along.
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty immune to dirty teenage looks. I taught sunday school to that age group for 4 years. You have no idea how happy they are to be awake early on a weekend to learn about Jesus and shit.