I found myself saying the same things in my head with every lap, trying to encourage myself. Simple phrases like:
- The harder it feels the stronger you're getting
- Every step is one step closer
- Don't stop or you won't start again
| If preventing the thigh clap doesn't inspire, I don't know what will. |
What motivational thoughts go through your head on the tough days?
I'll leave you with this final image as proof that perseverance pays off. My workaholic Father has officially retired and now his garden is his pride and glory. For the past few months he has been pursuing, (in caddy shack fashion), the gopher that killed 4 of his carpet roses. At one time he was successful in capturing a gopher toe in the trap. Just last night he sent me this picture via email with the subject line, finally. He also said he verified that it was the same gopher as it is missing a toe.
| This big guy didn't have a chance once Dad set his sights on him. |
Your dad is kinda terrifying :)
ReplyDeleteI usually tell myself if a run is sucking to pick up the pace because the faster I run, the faster I'm done!
HAHAH oh Dad and his gopher troubles. David says every time he comes over the gophers are the talk of the house hah.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, I am similar to Kara - I think, well, the faster I get over this the faster I can go eat :)