Friday, August 31, 2012

Feeling Punchy

On the off chance you don't know what feeling punchy means to me, here is a Urban Dictionary definition.

Can also be induced by sheer poop-my-pants terror.
With the half marathon race coming up in a couple of days all my bad habits concerning performance anxiety are popping up.  My list of bad behavior include:

1.  Thinking and planning excessively.  (The highlighted times are an estimate since I only ran 11 miles.)


2. Telling myself there is no way to meet my goals.  I tend to get super dramatic and feel that even a hair off my goal would be a complete and utter failure.  For example, my goal is to be under 2 hours, therefore 2:00:00 would be just as much as a failure as a 3:30 time.  Heads up for the next blog posting, it's going to be all about excuses.  I imagine something like:

                        1. Race day was too hot
                        2. My shorts chafed
                        3. My re-fueling gave me stomach cramps
                        4. I had to visit the port-o-potty every other mile
                        5. I didn't get enough sleep the night before

3. Making myself physically sick
4. Snapping at people who irritate me and right now that is just about everybody.

In the back of my head I know that everything will be fine and I'll have fun watching all the costumed people run around.  When the run actually starts I'm sure all the planning will go out of my head.

In other news I made a bubble dress for the B.  It was my first experience with ruching.  I think it's pretty cute but my reluctant model did not approve in the photo.  She did actually like it though, she spent 10 minutes twirling in front of her closet mirror.

I just twirled to make you feel better Mama.  I think this dress is ridiculous.  Can I take it off now?

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your race this weekend! I have a feeling that you're going to rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww..the dress is really cute!!!

    and i agree with kara - i think you will rock your race - and again (i will repeat this)...2 hours is a pretty big goal for your first half! i feel like it's a huge accomplishment to even finish the whole half considering you were struggling to run >6 just a few months ago. so you'll do great!!! you will exceed your expectations...just have the plan in the back of your head but once you start just have fun :) you can't plan while you run! you can start counting characters if that would help...like, go find another ariel!! now..another jasmine! just to help pass the time :)

    ReplyDelete