Monday, May 7, 2012

Flying Solo

This Friday I'll be flying solo with the B up north to see my parents.  Although I know better than to make plans, I'm going to try again.  Here's the plan:
  1. Pack and load the car on Thursday night
  2. Work half day on Friday
  3. Leave work at noon
  4. Pick up the B and drive to the airport
  5. Park in short term parking
  6. Take shuttle to the airport
  7. Check in us and the bags
  8. Get on an on-time flight
  9. Give the B a bottle for take off
  10. Color with the B and use iPad to distract the B during flight
  11. Give the B snacks for landing
  12. Get picked up and head to my parents' house
Notice there is nothing in the plans about difficulties checking in, delayed flight, or a toddler melt down.  I'll do a trip recap next week. Ha!  Thankfully it's a short flight but I'm still terrified by all the things that I will be bringing with me.
  1. Car seat in a back pack (check-in)
  2. Luggage for our clothes and stuff (check-in)
  3. Diaper Bag
  4. Stroller
  5. Toddler (likely screaming)
And this is what I have available to me to carry said things.
  1. Arms (2)
  2. Back (1)
  3. Front (1)
That's a total of 5 available options, so I should be okay, right? 


Any tips for flying solo?

No comments:

Post a Comment