Friday, June 20, 2014

Lessons in Personal Space

Personal space is a new keyword at my house these days.  B loves her sister but can't seem to get out of her face.  Luckily C doesn't seem to mind at the moment but I don't want to wait until B gets clawed in the face before she learns that lesson.

Claws at the ready.

Since C arrived the B and I have not had any time for just the 2 of us.  This is generally because she is either attached to my boob or screaming her head off because I'm not holding her.  Luckily I have a dear friend that is used to the attached kid problem and she is able to handle C a few hours at a time.

Why wouldn't you want to be with me all the time?

B and I decided to spend our precious 2.5 hours together at the ArtZone.  It's a place that has all sorts of art stations set up around a tiny facility and includes a little play area with dress up clothes.  I think that this was her favorite part.

I'm only a monster when you take your eyes off me.
 The only part that spoiled the mood was a nanny and her 2 year old.  The little girl wanted the tinker bell costume B put on and keep poking B in the chest.  B kept brushing the little girl's hand away.  The nanny decided to handle this by muttering that B was pushing the little girl.  Excuse me?  The nanny was being passive aggressive so I decided to simply ignore her.  The poking continued and finally B did actually gently push the girl away.  I decided not to admonish B for the pushing except to tell her that she needs to be gentle when someone is smaller than her.  I felt she was in the right to defend her personal space.  Perhaps I should have reminded her to use words but wouldn't you be ticked off if someone continuously poked you in the chest?

This is my personal space!
My favorite part of the morning was when we dropped C off at my friend's house.  B pointed at her and her 2 kids saying, "you and you and you.  You all watch Charlotte.  Make sure she doesn't cry."  I'm not sure she really understood what was going on because she started screaming, "STOP!  We FORGOT Charlotte!" as soon as I pulled out of the driveway.

There's no doubt about it, I have the best sister!
In sewing news, B's class had a picnic for the last day of school.  The notice her teacher sent instructed parents to bring a blanket to sit on.  For a year I have been telling myself, don't buy one because you can make one every time I saw blankets on sale.  Clearly this line of thought does not motivate me because we have been blanket-less for so long.  However, I couldn't have us go without a blanket to a school picnic.  I sewed all day and stayed up until 3am to finish this beauty.  I followed a tutorial by You and Mei.  Hers has a flap that keeps the blanket rolled up but I ran out of time.  Why do I procrastinate?  I could still theoretically still add it, but let's be honest here, that's never gonna happen.

So bright and sunny!


No comments:

Post a Comment