Wednesday, April 16, 2014

How We Are Adjusting

Quick update on my resolutions, I've covered about 75% of them.  Most days I'm okay with this.  We're living in the weird paradox where the days go by so achingly slow and yet the week seems to fly by.  Easter is already upon us and C is almost 4 months old!  I have been planning to make the girls matching dresses for Easter Sunday.  C's dress (Little Geranium by Made-By-Rae) was done on Sunday and I'm pretty close to finishing B's dress.


Better photo planned with the kid in it.  Check out the pockets!

While it feels like a ton of things to do, here's my short list of things to complete before Sunday.
1. Finish B's dress
2. Make an Easter basket for B
3. Fill the Easter basket
4. Make a baby basket for C

It's difficult to get time for these things since we spend most mornings out of the house.  I know, first world problems right here.  If we stayed at home, the B would tear apart the house.  Her newest activity is jumping: off of things, onto things, over things.
I defy all things, including gravity!
I almost forgot to mention her next favorite activity, tagging.
In case you were wondering, it's Sharpie.  And no, it was not authorized.
Also finding and using scissors is very popular around here.

Bangs and holes in your clothes are in right now.  Get with the times mom.

With both of these antics you would think that I'm pretty negligent and that my child is often unsupervised.  The truth is that toddlers are sneaky weasels and each of these occurrences happened within the 5 to 10 minutes it takes to change C's diaper.

While we are out and about well meaning people like to ask me questions such as;
1. So you have 2 girls, are you going to try for a boy?
2. How is the older sibling adjusting?
3. How are you adjusting?

1.  I always grimace at this question since it is often asked in front of my girls.  I usually give a shrug and an "eh."  Why does everyone assume that I want a boy?  I have friends with boys and I just know that I cannot handle a boy.  B is already a rambunctious child and I can barely keep up with her.  She only accidentally breaks things.  Boys do it on purpose.  Besides, girls can wear matching dresses.  What do boys wear that is cute?

You boys have nothing on me.
2.  B is adjusting well and she's sweet with her sister is how I reply to this question.  For the most part this is true.  But this does not include the potty training regression, increase in volume and frequency of tantrums, or even C's visit to the hospital.  On that particular occasion,we had to rush to the hospital because of B's failed attempt to jump over her sister while I was making her bed.  Fortunately C was fine and her bruising went away in a few days.  Otherwise B is very loving and likes to give her sister hugs and kisses.  She also helps me by entertaining her sister during the few moments I have to put C down for.

Oh my heart...


3. How I'm doing varies day to day.  The one constant is that I can not put the baby down.  She insists on being held all day long.  If she is not in my arms for more than 5 minutes, the screaming starts.  While I know that I should start training her out of it, she is so quiet and content when I am holding her that it is hard to deal with the screaming.  I wear her while I sew, cook, eat, play with B, poop, and right now as I type.  Of course she doesn't like when I sit.  I should have lost all the baby weight since I'm standing and swaying all day but I fuel with sugar and junk food to stay awake.
"eh" to your suffering, pick me up now.
Hopefully, I'll have photos of the girls in their new dresses shortly!  Happy Easter!

If anyone has a suggestion for how to answer the boy question I'm all ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment