Wednesday, April 17, 2013

New Projects and a Race Question

I am saddened and horrified at the events in Boston.  The thought of what this has done to the unsuspecting families and victims makes me so sick.  Sending love to those in Boston.

My mom called me shortly after with the warning, "Stay away from large crowds!"  To which I replied, "I live in LA.  Where can I go that doesn't have large crowds?"  In truth, I'm more worried when nobody is around.  Alarm bells start blaring in my head and I head for the nearest cluster of people.  The alarm is similar to the time I was driving in South Dakota and I could not see ANY cars on the flat endless highway.  In a panicked high pitched voice, I shouted to my husband, "WHAT DO I DO?!?"  He looked blankly at the highway extending to the horizon and said, "uh, drive?"

That being said, we are heading to a LA Dodgers game tonight and I must admit that I'm just a little nervous.

Changing gears entirely, here are a few photos of projects I haven't blogged about yet. 

1. A dress of my own design

2.  An Easter dress of the Citronelle Violette pattern

The cow (Mr. Cow) is her ever present buddy

3.  Crayon piggies


4.  The short lived photo frames on the fridge, which fell off and shattered a couple of hours later.  Turns out temporary tape is exactly that, temporary.


Fail mom, just FAIL.

In running news, my husband registered us for a half marathon race in August.  He is taking this very seriously this time and wants to PR with a sub 2:00 time.  Reasons why this sucks for me include:

1. Having to negotiate morning workout days
2. The likely possibility that he will have a faster time than me
3. Not having someone to run with

This leads me to my question: When you sign up for a race with someone, do you expect to run WITH them?  Or is the expectation simply to show up and leave together?

4 comments:

  1. you are so talented at sewing!! I seriously am the worst. I made some pillow covers a couple of weeks ago and they look like bad plastic surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I'm sure your pillow cases are not as bad as you think. People are generally more critical of their own work. I want pictures!

      Delete
  2. Yay! new post! a few things:
    1. the dresses are adorable!!! and the piggies are really cute! I love the dresses...you really probably could sell them on etsy if you wanted to!
    2. my classmate saw the disgruntled picture of Bonnie and was like - she kinda looks like you! hahaha...hopefully bonnie won't burst out in tears once she's old enough to understand what that means hah.
    3. you could totally run a sub-2:00 half. how much faster is he aiming for? maybe you can find somebody else your pace to run with? or you can make a friend! I made a facebook friend one race because we realized we ran at exactly the same pace...so that could happen! but i think you guys could probably stick to the same pace! When i ran with faster friends it was basically just start and finish at the same place. just make sure you guys figure out what the expectations are beforehand =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete